Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Can You Say "Tone Deaf"? I Knew You Could...

When I first heard about this, I was sure it was a joke. I figured it came from The Onion, or The Nose on Your Face. But sadly, no, it was real -- just when I thought the kakistocracy couldn't get any more outrageous. Withering under well-deserved ridicule, the Obama regime reconsidered, and "delayed" the $0.15 Christmas tree tax.

The tax was “designed to benefit the industry and will be funded by the growers” and is “not expected to have any impact on the final price consumers pay for their Christmas tree.” It would fund a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expand existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” and to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States.” I'm stunned. I never knew Christmas trees had an image problem in the United States.

Just one question: Which article of The Constitution gives government the authority to do that?!?!

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.